ITIL® Practitioner prepares individuals for a broad range of challenges faced within ITSM, equipping them with practical guidance, confidence and know-how to adopt and adapt the ITIL framework according to an organization’s requirements.
ITIL® Practitioner is a brand new qualification to complement the existing ITIL framework.
It is the next step after ITIL Foundation for professionals who have already learned the basics of IT Service Management (ITSM) and the business value of well-designed and delivered services. Where ITIL Foundation focuses on the 'what' and the 'why', ITIL Practitioner shows 'how' to start adopting and adapting the ITIL framework within day-to-day situations and responsibilities, giving individuals more confidence in their ability to structure and contribute to ITSM initiatives.
ITIL Practitioner does not replace any of the existing ITIL qualifications.
ITIL Practitioner covers the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) approach as the way to structure any improvement initiatives. ITIL Practitioner also covers three key areas crucial for success of any improvement initiatives:
The ITIL Practitioner guidance follows 9 Guiding Principles:
- Senior Decision Makers in IT Roles: CIO, Head/Director of ITSM, Head of Change Management, Head of Application Management, Head of Service Desk, IT Managers, Infrastructure & Network Managers, Head of Operation
- Senior HR/L&D Roles: Director/Head of Recruitment, Head of Training, Head of Talent
- Traditional ITIL Foundation audience: ITSM Professionals, IT Managers, etc.
- Individuals who have taken Foundation level but not gone on to take any further ITIL certification
- Individuals who are currently taking their ITIL Intermediates (secondary audience)
- ITIL Practitioner provides employees with the skills to IDENTIFY AND DELIVER SERVICE IMPROVEMENTS in line with business goals
- Staff will learn 3 critical competencies and be equipped with a COMPREHENSIVE TOOLKIT to drive improvements on return to the office
- ITIL Practitioner is a long-term investment in YOUR TEAM’S PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- ITIL Practitioner gives individuals the PRACTICAL SKILLS required to drive service improvement initiatives – which are not covered at Foundation level
- LEARN SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES focused on improving organizational change management, communication and measurement and metrics
- Individuals will learn how to LEVERAGE GOOD PRACTICES from other philosophies, methodologies and frameworks outside of the ITIL core, such as DevOps, Lean and Agile
The course consists of slide presentations presented by a qualified instructor and a student workbook which includes all the material covered in the presentations, exercises and a mock exam.
The ITIL Practitioner Guidance official publication provides a practical guide to putting ITIL theory into practice. It is allowed into the exam venue for use in the open book exam.
ITIL Practitioner is complementary to and fits in with the current ITIL qualification scheme.
- To take the ITIL Practitioner exam, individuals must hold an existing ITIL Foundation certificate.
- ITIL Practitioner is not a prerequisite for the ITIL Intermediate Level qualifications.
- ITIL Practitioner is worth three credits towards the ITIL Expert qualification.
- ITIL Practitioner is also worth 15 points towards your ITIL digital badge as part of the AXELOS Professional Development Programme.
- The examination is open book and made up of multiple choice questions based on a scenario.
The ITIL Practitioner exam is an open book exam and the ITIL Practitioner Guidance official publication is allowed into the exam venue.